In his work, Robert Schnüll (*1992) attempts to demystify capitalist information technologies. He advocates a shift towards attributable, hierarchy-free and climate-just futures that result in a digitally emancipated society.
His current research evolves around the nexus of digital-physical spaces. Together with his research team medienhaus/ he investigates and prototypes networks of decentralised, autonomous and federatable communities.
Besides teaching as Assistant Professor in the context of the "new media class" he holds a research position at the Berlin University of the Arts.
He graduated with Master as part of Prof. Joachim Sauter's “digitale Klasse” at the Berlin University of the Arts with his thesis “attributable technology”. Previously he earned a Bachelor degree in “Media Interaction Design” at the Osnabrück University of Applied Sciences, mostly inspired and taught by Prof. Hannes Nehls.
Before switching back to studying at the Berlin University of the Arts he worked as a researcher in the “Potentials of ambient communication environments” project and investigated the topic of ambient interactions.
His involvement in “climate crisis in art and design teaching” can be found via Klasse Klima.
Disclaimer: Along the way, digital capitalist platform economies may disintegrate.
- Research Associate at the "medienhaus/" , UdK Berlin, 2021-now
- Assistant Prof. at "new media class" with Prof. Ängeslevä and Assistant Prof. Luiz Zanotello, UdK Berlin, 2021-now
- Research Associate at the "IoT" research project of Prof. Ängeslevä, UdK Berlin, 2021
- founders business with Dirk Erdmann, the Attic, 2016-2021
- Research Associate for "PACE" research project, HS Osnabrück, 2018
- Research Assistant for „PACE“ research project, HS Osnabrück, 2016-2018
- Curator and head of "Init", European Media Art Festival, 2015-2016
- Research Assistant for DFS concept Desk, 2014-2015
- founded business with Oliver Güra & Dirk Erdmann, 2014-2016
- self employed, 2012-2014
- 3D Animation & Visualisation, Krüger Kaldnes Norway, 2012-2013
Teaching/ Tutor/ Workshops
- "attributing technology: foundations", UdK Berlin, ws21
- "legacy" with Prof. Ängeslevä and Assistant Prof. Zanotello, UdK Berlin, ws21
- "new media class – island of things" with Prof. Ängeslevä and Assistant Prof. Zanotello, UdK Berlin, ss21
- Supplementary course "network of autonomous communities", new media class, UdK Berlin ss21
- Tutor "Internet of Things, Prof. Ängeslevä", UdK Berlin 2020-2021
- Tutor "New Media Class, Prof. Sauter", UdK Berlin 2019-2021
- Tutor "Mechatronics, Engelmann", UdK Berlin 2019-2021
- Tutor "AIOT, Prof. Gasteier", UdK Berlin 2019
- Tutor "Electronics for Designers, Prof. Nehls", Hochschule Osnabrück 2017
- Workshop "Connecting the analog and digital world", DMY Berlin, 2016
- Workshop "From Dawn till Dusk" Maker Faire Hannover, 2016
- Tutor "3D Visualizsation, Prof. Lehr", Hochschule Osnabrück 2015
- Tutor "preparation weeks", Hochschule Osnabrück 2014
- Rundgang, Berlin 2021
- Kunst Raum Stadt, Berlin 2020
- European Media Art Festival - Gravity, Osnabrück 2019
- Feel Festival - 20Grad, Bergheider See 2018
- European Media Art Festival - Magnetic and Coders, Hannover 2017
- Hannovermesse - theDoorz, Hannover 2017
- DMY - here, Berlin 2016
- Cebit - Remember the warm times, Hannover 2016
- Red dot ceremony - conceptDesk, Berlin 2015
- Maker Fair - Remember the warm times, Hannover 2015
- DMY - Remember the warm times, Berlin 2015
- Resonate - Remember the warm times, Belgrad 2015
- European Media Art Festival - Remember the warm times & Annuli, Osnabrück 2015
- Shuttleworth Foundation "Flash Grant" 2021
- New European Bauhaus Rising Stars 2021 - Klasse Klima
- German Design Award 2017 „SPECIAL MENTION“ - conceptDesk
- DMY education Award Winner 2016 - exhibition concept and here
- Red Dot Design Award Interface Design „Best of the Best“ - conceptDesk
- UX Design Award 2015 nominee - conceptDesk
- German Design Award 2016 nominee - conceptDesk
- DMY 2015 jury selection - Remember the warm times
- aed Neuland 2015 nominee , „exhibition & public design“ - Annuli